Conflicts happen. You may run into issues with vendors, partners, workers, or other businesses. Use professional legal services to help advise on how best to handle the dispute — whether amicably, or through more aggressive legal means. 



In any dispute, an attorney can help advise about all your available rights and remedies. If you can negotiate an amicable resolution with the other party, that may be the best outcome. However, if your initial negotiations aren't effective, sometimes a demand letter from your attorney can help get the other party to take the matter more seriously -- and hopefully to a resolution. 



If you are unable to reach an amicable resolution and if your claim is for $10,000 or less, small claims court can be a great option. The process is relatively cheap and quick and if you are successful you can get a judgment in your favor. More information regarding how to file in Los Angeles and San Francisco County is linked below. An attorney can help advise about where to file your small-claim, what damages to seek, and how best to prepare your evidence for your court date. 

Article: Step-by-Step Small Claims Court Guide



If you are unable to reach an amicable resolution and if your claim is for more than $10,000, then you may choose to resolve your matter through a formal lawsuit. Litigation can be rather time consuming and expensive, though it may be necessary in some instances. We highly recommend having a skilled litigation attorney advise and represent you in your matter.

This guide is for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Please contact us for professional assistance.